Thursday 6 August 2009

Well the Macaw painting I started a couple of days ago is finished. I am amazed I managed to finish it so quickly, seeing as I am about to embark on holiday and in the process of moving house. I am really pleased with the result. I think the 'half-finished' look works well, drawing the eye to their faces and the way they are interacting with each other. I am very pleased with the vibrancy of the watercolour. The pigments do the bright red and blue feathers justice.

I have been looking at the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation website today. The 2010 artist of the year competition is already calling for entries. I may well decide to enter one of my Macaws in the 'Endangered Species' category if I do not produce another appropriate subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment