Thursday 18 March 2010

Good News

As mentioned in a previous post, this year I entered the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year competition. Two pieces were submitted, my Green-wing Macaw portrait, and the Amur Tiger pictured here. Yesterday I received an email informing me that the Tiger has made it through to the exhibition and final judging on the 24th of May! I am over the moon, mainly because my work will be on show at the Mall Galleries in London, a prestigious gallery which showcases wonderful wildlife art exhibitions throughout the year. I attended the preview night last year, and the calibre of work on show was outstanding. I will no doubt be up against some very talented artists this year, so keep fingers and toes crossed for me. I will be more than happy just seeing my work on the walls....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sam, this is a beautiful piece - actually all your work is terrific, very pleased to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete