Sunday 29 November 2009

Festive Spirit

With less than a month to go until Christmas, it's time to try and get into the festive spirit. What better way than to design some festive looking paintings. This is my first edition, but I do not think it is my best. You would think Geese are a simple subject, but believe me it is harder than it looks. I have trouble getting their overall shape correct and I think this image demonstrates that. They have unusual shaped beaks and lower bodies. The first two on the right look fine, but it is the one to the left which seems a bit plump and 'squashed' to me. One thing I am pleased with is the background. I have created quite a lovely snowy atmosphere. Dropping water onto the slightly wet paint made the snowflake effect, but I could definitely use more practice with this method to get it perfected and a little less messy. I also enjoy the overall feeling of the painting. It is serene, and the Geese look thoroughly happy to be enjoying a walk through the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment